Thursday, March 18, 2010

why, hello there

Moving to New York City and starting a blog, I wonder how many 24 year old girls have done that? I've always been a writer- even wrote a manuscript, that I put down and forgot to try and get published.
Not to mention after moving to this city the "expert advice" I was giving in my book felt lacking when I couldn't get the job done following my own advice here. It's called " The Target; A guide to the perfect night out", that's what I used to be a pro at- dating.
For two years I really didn't want anything else. Then there was this boy.
Why is it every time I write that sentence down I hear a static in my head. He broke me, it took two years and a move 1045 miles away from all of my family and friends to be able to sit at brunch with my first new girl friend and over french toast and mimosa the denial slipped off the table and I said it.
I'm broken.

Waking up. That was the reason I moved to New York. I woke up in a city I didn't belong to. I knew the streets, the tricks, the treats, the way around a "perfect night" but it always felt like a Holiday- not like a life.

Six months later here I sit in front of this screen ready to tell me story.
My name is Carmen Murphy, my friends back home call me Car, and I sign my name
xoxo csm
CarStar Murphy*

Hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment